Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Arnold Douglas, The Lincoln-Douglas Debates of 1858, ed. Edwin Earle Sparks (Springfield, IL: The Trustees of the Illinois State Historical Library, 1908), Collections of the Illinois State Historical Library, 3; Lincoln Series, 1: facing page 394.
Note: Although the original caption states that the Old Courthouse sat on Fourth Street in Quincy, the actual location was in fact on Fourth Street and that is the view shown here. This is the east side of the square and Fourth Street runs on the west side. House Divided is grateful for Mr. Tim Spake this information.