Back to top

Caddo Parish, Louisiana (Fanning's, 1853)

Gazetteer/Almanac
Fanning's Illustrated Gazetteer of the United States.... (New York: Phelps, Fanning & Co., 1853), 61.
CADDO PARISH, situated at the northwest corner of Louisiana, on the westerly side of Red river, and watered by Caddo lake. Area, 2,500 square miles. Seat of justice, Shrewsport [Shreveport]. Pop. in 1840, 5,282; in 1850, 8,884.
How to Cite This Page: "Caddo Parish, Louisiana (Fanning's, 1853)," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, http://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/node/26618.