Jew's Hospital of New York City opens

The Jew's Hospital of New York City takes its first patients in its twenty-eight bed facility on West Twenty-Eighth Street.  Its first physician is Dr. Mark Blumenthal.  On April 17, 1866, the hospital will change its name by act of the state legislature to the Mount Sinai Hospital of the City of New York. (By John Osborne)
Source Citation
Joseph Nathan Kane, ed., Famous First Facts (New York: H.W. Wilson Company, 1981), 311.
Type
Cultural
Relevance
Personal
How to Cite This Page: "Jew's Hospital of New York City opens," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, https://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/index.php/node/11807.