Woodstock, VA

Woodstock, the county-seat, is 150 miles NW. of Richmond, and 32 SSW. of Winchester, on the Staunton and Winchester macadamized turnpike, and about a mile from the N. fork of the Shenandoah. The town was established in March, 1761. It contains several mercantile stores, 1 newspaper printing-office, an academy, a masonic hall, 1 German Reformed, 1 Lutheran, and 1 Methodist church, and a population of over 1,000. (Historical Collections, 1852)
Place Unit Type
City or Town
Containing Unit
How to Cite This Page: "Woodstock, VA," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, https://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/index.php/node/15910.