Wytheville, VA

Wytheville, the county-seat, is on the main turnpike from Harper's Ferry to Knoxville, Tenn.,... it bore the name of Evansham, until changed to its present one in 1838. It contains 8 mercantile stores, 2 newspaper printing-offices, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Protestant Methodist, 1 German Lutheran, and 1 Catholic church, and about 700 inhabitants. The village is neat, well built, and flourishing. (Historical Collections, 1852)
Place Unit Type
City or Town
Containing Unit
Burial Place of
Name Type
East End Cemetery, Wytheville, VA Location or Site
How to Cite This Page: "Wytheville, VA," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, https://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/index.php/node/16533.