St. Mary's Parish, LA

SAINT MARY'S PARISH, situated on the south boundary of Louisiana, with the gulf of Mexico on the south, and Chetimachea lake on the northeast. Area, 870 square miles. Seat of justice, Franklin. Pop. in 1830, 6,442; in 1840 8,950; in 1850, 13,700. (Fanning's, 1853)
Place Unit Type
County
Containing Unit
Name Type
Brashear City, LA City or Town
How to Cite This Page: "St. Mary's Parish, LA," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, https://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/index.php/node/27389.