Fanning's Illustrated Gazetteer of the United States.... (New York: Phelps, Fanning & Co., 1853), 24.
ANDERSON DISTRICT, situated in the western part of South Carolina, between Savannah and Saluda rivers, by branches of which it is drained. It is of a rhomboidal shape, about 28 miles on each side, extending over an area of about 800 square miles. Courts are held at Anderson. Pop. in 1830, 17,169; in 1840, 18,493; in 1850, 21,475.