Henry Howe, Historical Collections of Virginia… (Charleston, SC: William R. Babcock, 1852), 349.
KING GEORGE was formed in 1720, from Richmond county. It lies between the Potomac and the Rappahannock, and is 18 miles long, with a mean breadth of 10; its surface is hilly, and its soil diversified. Its principal products are Indian corn, oats, wheat, tobacco, and some cotton. Pop. in 1840, whites 2,269, slaves 3,382, free colored 276; total, 5,927.
King George C. H., situated near the centre of the county, 82 miles NNE. from Richmond, and 76 SW. of Washington, contains about a dozen houses. Port Conway, on the Rappahannock, opposite Port Royal, and Millville on the line of this and Westmoreland counties, are small villages.