Henry Howe, Historical Collections of Virginia… (Charleston, SC: William R. Babcock, 1852), 497.
WARWICK was one of the eight original shires into which Virginia was divided in 1634: its extreme length is 20, and greatest breadth 5 miles. It occupies a portion of the narrow peninsula between York and James Rivers, the latter of which forms its southwestern boundary. Pop. in 1840, whites 604, slaves 831, free colored 21; total, 1,456.
The C. H. lies about 3 miles N. of the James, and 77 miles southeasterly from Richmond.