Phillips County, AR

PHILIPS COUNTY, situated on the eastern boundary of Arkansas, with the Mississippi river on the east, and traversed by the St. Francis. Area, 730 square miles. Seat of justice, Helena. Pop. in 1820, 1,201; in 1830, 1,153; in 1840, 3,547; in 1850, 6,935. (Fanning's, 1853)
Place Unit Type
County
Containing Unit
Name Type
Helena, AR City or Town
How to Cite This Page: "Phillips County, AR," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, http://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/node/23444.