Back to top

Washington Parish, LA

Washington Parish, Louisiana, 1857
WASHINGTON PARISH, situated on the north boundary of Louisiana, with Pearl river on the east. Area, 792 square miles. Face of the country, uneven; soil, sterile. Seat of justice, Franklinton. Pop. in 1820, 2,517; in 1830, 2,286; in 1840, 2,649; in 1850, 3,408. (Fanning's, 1853)

Tabs

How to Cite This Page: "Washington Parish, LA," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, http://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/node/26213.