Back to top

St. Mary's Parish, LA

St. Mary's Parish, Louisiana, 1857
SAINT MARY'S PARISH, situated on the south boundary of Louisiana, with the gulf of Mexico on the south, and Chetimachea lake on the northeast. Area, 870 square miles. Seat of justice, Franklin. Pop. in 1830, 6,442; in 1840 8,950; in 1850, 13,700. (Fanning's, 1853)

Tabs

How to Cite This Page: "St. Mary's Parish, LA," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, http://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/node/27389.