Back to top

St. Tammany Parish, LA

St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana, 1857
SAINT TAMMANY PARISH, situated on the east boundary of Louisiana, with Pearl river on the east, and Lake Ponchartrain on the south. Area, 972 square miles. Face of the country undulating, subsiding toward the south into a plain; soil, generally sterile. Seat of justice, Covington. Pop. in 1820, 1,723; in 1830, 2,864; in 1840, 4,598; in 1850, 6,364. (Fanning's, 1853)

Tabs

How to Cite This Page: "St. Tammany Parish, LA," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, http://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/node/28847.