Back to top

Primary tabs

East High Street, looking east from the Town Square, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, circa 1872, zoomable image

Scanned by: 
Cumberland County Historical Society
Notes: 
Sized, cropped, and adjusted for use here by John Osborne, Dickinson College, January 28, 2011.
Image type: 
photograph
Courtesy of: 
Cumberland County Historical Society, Carlisle, PA
Original caption: 
East High Street from the Square, c. 1872 Miller & Buttorff on the right with "Lochman's Photograph Gallery" on the 3rd floor of the building. The Market House shed is on the extreme right. Photo attributed to Charles Lochman.
Source citation: 
Photograph Collection, Cumberland County Historical Society
Source note: 
Photographer: Charles Lochman, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
The original of this image is held in the Cumberland County Historical Society in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.  Please include this in your citation. Should higher resolution copies be required for any reason, please contact the Photograph Curator directly at the Cumberland County Historical Society or visit their archives.  The House Divided Project at Dickinson College is grateful for the partnership and assistance of the Society.