Back to top

Primary tabs

View of the north-eastern section of Carlisle, Pennsylvania, circa 1875, zoomable image

Scanned by: 
Cumberland County Historical Society
Notes: 
Sized, cropped, and adjusted for use here by John Osborne, Dickinson College, January 28, 2011.
Image type: 
photograph
Courtesy of: 
Cumberland County Historical Society, Carlisle, PA
Original caption: 
View of N. Hanover St. taken from the tower of First Presbyrterian Church. On the left is the Carlisle Deposit Bank, on the right Saint John's Episcopal Church, c. 1875
Source citation: 
Photograph Collection, Cumberland County Historical Society
Source note: 
The original of this image is held in the Cumberland County Historical Society in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.  Please include this in your citation. Should higher resolution copies be required for any reason, please contact the Photograph Curator directly at the Cumberland County Historical Society or visit their archives.  The House Divided Project at Dickinson College is grateful for the partnership and assistance of the Society. 
How to Cite This Page: "View of the north-eastern section of Carlisle, Pennsylvania, circa 1875, zoomable image," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, http://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/node/35807.