Back to top

Primary tabs

South side of West High Street from the Public Square, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, circa 1886, zoomable image

Scanned by: 
Cumberland County Historical Society
Notes: 
Sized, cropped, and adjusted for use here by John Osborne, Dickinson College, January 30, 2011.
Image type: 
photograph
Courtesy of: 
Cumberland County Historical Society, Carlisle, PA
Original caption: 
View of W. High St. from the Square, c. 1886. The Soldiers Monument and Conlyn's Jewelry Store is on the left and Farmers Bank on the right. Photo by F.E. Bailey.
Source citation: 
Photograph Collection, Cumberland County Historical Society
Source note: 
Photographer:  F.E. Bailey, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Cropped from larger image, also available here.
The original of this image is held in the Cumberland County Historical Society in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.  Please include this in your citation. Should higher resolution copies be required for any reason, please contact the Photograph Curator directly at the Cumberland County Historical Society or visit their archives.  The House Divided Project at Dickinson College is grateful for the partnership and assistance of the Society.