Back to top

Primary tabs

East High Street, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, north side looking east, circa 1873, zoomable image

Scanned by: 
Cumberland County Historical Society
Notes: 
Sized, cropped, and adjusted for use here by John Osborne, Dickinson College, February 28, 2011.
Image type: 
photograph
Courtesy of: 
Cumberland County Historical Society, Carlisle, PA
Original caption: 
Buildings on the north side of e. High Street, c. 1873. On the left is the Diller Leidich residence. Located next door is Leidich's dry goods store. The large building with the distinctive cupola was a hotel. It became the Wellington Hotel c. 1900.
Source citation: 
Photograph Collection, Cumberland County Historical Society
Source note: 
Photographer:  unknown.
The original of this image is held in the Cumberland County Historical Society in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.  Please include this in your citation. Should higher resolution copies be required for any reason, please contact the Photograph Curator directly at the Cumberland County Historical Society or visit their archives.  The House Divided Project at Dickinson College is grateful for the partnership and assistance of the Society. 
How to Cite This Page: "East High Street, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, north side looking east, circa 1873, zoomable image," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, http://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/node/36104.