In New York City, the Bellevue Hospital Medical College opens its first regular term
The Bellevue Hospital's new medical school had opened its first preliminary term on its site near the East River in New York City the previous month. It was the first medical school in the city affiliated with a hospital. Its president was Dr. Isaac E. Taylor, had sixteen faculty members, and the fee for a full course of lectures per year was $105. The school merged with the New York University College of Medicine in 1898. (By John Osborne)
Isaac Hays, ed., American Journal of Medical Sciences, Vol 42 (Philadelphia: Blanchard and Lea, 1862), 303-304.