Back to top

St. Landry Parish, LA

St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, 1857
SAINT LANDRE PARISH, situated toward the south part of Louisiana, with Atchafalaya river on the east. Area, 2,000 square miles. Face of the country, uneven, subsiding toward the south into a plain; soil, generally sterile. Seat of justice, Opelousas Pop. in 1820, 10,085; in 1830, 12,591; in 1840, 15,233; in 1850, 22,353. (Fanning's, 1853)

Tabs

How to Cite This Page: "St. Landry Parish, LA," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, http://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/node/20173.