Back to top

Caddo Parish, LA

Caddo Parish, Louisiana, 1857

CADDO PARISH, situated at the northwest corner of Louisiana, on the westerly side of Red river, and watered by Caddo lake. Area, 2,500 square miles. Seat of justice, Shrewsport [Shreveport]. Pop. in 1840, 5,282; in 1850, 8,884. (Fanning's, 1853)

Tabs

How to Cite This Page: "Caddo Parish, LA," House Divided: The Civil War Research Engine at Dickinson College, http://hd.housedivided.dickinson.edu/node/26438.